What is Fixed Website Design?
There are many choices to make while you’re developing a site for your company. Many questions arise in your web design montreal mind regarding content quality, e-commerce, graphics, etc.. However, a frequent question that comes to mind is if the website should have a fluid or static design? Each option has its pros and cons. However, the ultimate choice is dependent upon usability. You can go to websites of some companies which are well known to give superior site design in Brisbane. With all the confusion, it’s essential to take the right decision. By considering few facets, you can finally have a successful design design that will reap all benefits.
In this kind of web design layout, the width of the entire webpage is set to a specific numerical value. It’s a professional approach in which designer should define the width of the page in spite of the size of their browser window. Some popular examples of these sites like CNN, Yahoo etc.. No matter what screen resolution the visitor has, they will observe exactly the same width as other people. Designers using a print background often prefer them, as it remains consistent across browsers.
The fixed design is all about once the width of your site is measured and designed by a particular pixel width. As its name describes, this layout is fixed and is put into an abysmal width; this is true no matter the user’s resolution, screen size and browser used. With the fixed design, it means that the web browser will not be able to change the format text of this layout as they see fit. This is the most popular and common choice for website design. With this design the width of the content is comprised and stays fixed no matter what. This web design ottawa option is also known as the wrapper and container. This is the ideal design for those websites with lots of images, pictures and graphics. This can be beneficial because the pictures will always remain the same and will not leave the page looking cluttered and messy.
This type of design will make sure that the webpage remains the same width regardless of which screen you view the website on. This is a better option for pictures, as too much text may annoy the users particularly if their screens are smaller than the one the site was originally designed on. This will result in the annoying task of scrolling from left to right so to keep on reading the text. This annoyance is often the largest grievance against fixed website layout.
Benefits of Fixed Website Design:
- You can set the width so to make it ideal for optimum readability.
- The major readable content area is closely controlled without needing to specify a minimum and a maximum width.
- Fixed width layouts are sometimes easier to design and style.
- Text will remain easy to read no matter which browser you are on.
- If you use the fixed design, the picture elements are incorporated into fixed width design; this will not overpower the text.
- Fixed design brings uniformity to your site.
- You can better control the images and other elements of your webpages because they are static on the page.
- You will know what to expect concerning font size, design and images.
- Guarantees an easy to read line-length.
- This layout can have images web design calgary which may be placed in relation to the other components (such as images) and type sizes.
- The designer has complete control over how the page would look.
- Allows for predictable default printing behavior.
- Pages are designed to look the same, no matter what browser or operating system you use.
Disadvantages of Fixed Website Design:
- If you view a web site on a larger screen, you’ll have some dead space if the screen is larger than the website design.
- If the screen is too small and the web site layout is too big, you’ll end up scrolling from left to right so as to continue studying the information available.
- Text can look too narrow on quite major computer screens.
- The narrow width of the site design can limit the amount of columns and content.
- Font sizes are fixed which means that they are not flexible and resizing them is impossible and not an option.